Monday, June 13, 2011

Update and life lessons

Well first of all the update, sorry you don't have tonight's winning lotto numbers and our current team war chest is at $6,650 with a couple weeks left to go! Great jobs guys, I think that we might be able to hit the 10k goal, and if not then it was a battle well played and fought, but until then keep raising that money. I on the other hand will send out another volley of e-mails and see if I can get a few more people to make donations, I also have lots of recyclables that I will take in next week to get some money for the group. Next week because we are having a Father's Day/Dual birthday party shinding this weekend and there will be more cans and bottles awaiting to be collected.

And then there are life lessons. Thursday I go and see my GI and see what are the results of my scope from a couple weeks back. I'm sure that it won't be "CONGRATS YOU ARE CURED!" And will be more along the lines of "I'm sorry but it's time." For those that may think that this is a pessimistic analysis I will make you aware that prior to the scope I did have some bleeding, not a good thing. It wasn't a flare-up but I'm sure that there was enough irritation that by the time of the procedure things probably didn't look all nice and peachy. Second of all I am prone to getting Erythema Nodosum which although self resolving can also be a real pain to deal with. They are red welt like things that occur on the lower legs, but they can be rather tender and painful to the touch. Not to mention that they prevent one from doing things such as exercising or even going out for a walk since they lead to swelling of the feet. They are considered to be related to the colitis and to be honest I find them to be worse than the actual pooping related to the disease. The last time I had them they developed into cellulitis, not exactly something that you want to have if you have a weakened immune system. Thankfully this time around I had a nice stockpile of antibiotics in order to minimize the possibility of that happening again.

But despite that I'm tired of those damn things, I'm tired of having to clean up every toilet I sit on due to poo splash and I'm tired of being tired. Therefore if told that surgery has to be performed then I will let him know that I'm cool with ls could be done next week or the following. After all the walk is at the end of the month and although having surgery means that I can't walk it or even drive down to Irvine for that matter I can still talk someone into driving me down there. Plus I have Angels tickets for the 5th and 7th of July. I can skip the 5th but I really, really want the cap they are giving away on the 7th. I also have a volunteer thing on the 9th with a subsequent fundraiser the following weekend and since I know that people will be saying "It's only a volunteer gig and a fundraiser, you don't have to go, think of your health!" I will counter by saying, "Yeah but there is this one young lady..." Anytime after July is impossible since school resumes on August 22nd and I have to be passably healed by then since I will be working with the mentally ill and can't let little things such as pain and the like get in my way. Yes I'm an idiot and stubborn to boot but I have spent too much time letting this little illness run my life that I'm no longer going to allow it to do so.

The other good thing is that I'm caught up at work with the projects that I had to help finish up and my co-worker can more than handle anything in my absence. Yes it's a simple part-time data entry job but there is enough data to enter at the moment to turn it into a full time job. Plus they told me that if I get sick that they themselves will drag my sorry ass to the hospital. I love co-workers that care.
Other than that life is grand, I had a chance to get a preview ride of the Star Tours 2.0 ride at Disneyland and it rocks! I recommend it to anyone that has a chance and the money to visit the park. And my turtle has a grown a bit more. That's it for now, you all have a great day and I'll write more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment