Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day Y'all

I was informing some of my Facebook peeps about my soon to come surgery, other than the poo jokes that were sure to come this nugget of information came from one of them. I find it rather relieving to say the least and in tune with the "there is a light at the end of the tunnel" school of thought. :)

"My uncle had to live 20 years with a colostomy bag. One morning about 6 months before he died, he randomly woke up at 3 am and felt the need to go to a dinner in St. Louis, MO (he lived in Washington, MO)[edit-a distance of 50 miles]. He followed that direction and found a man, sitting alone, crying. My uncle, being the type of guy he was, went over and talked to this man in his early 20's. He had just found out that he would need a bag for the rest of his life. He was embarrassed, extremely sad, and was literally considering ending his life because of it. Needless to say, a nice talk with my uncle, some good breakfast, and they became good friends. 15 years later and he is still with his bag, is married with kids, and is a good friend of the family. Its one of the few things that I've witnessed that makes me believe in a higher power."

Enjoy your Father's Day kids!

2 comments:

  1. What's the word Jorge, are you scheduled? When, where, with who?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. Still waiting on all the info. I will be calling my GI today at around 4 or so to see if they have any info yet. Will keep you guys updated.

    ReplyDelete